Friday, August 20, 2010

"The Poor Me" As Soft Style of Rage--Lesson 18

The “Poor Me” rager is just as full of rage as the others but does not have enough energy to question or get large. The “Poor Me” feels like the victim in every situation and uses complaining, justifying, draining language to get their points across.

“Am I the only one who has to work around here? I clean up the house before going to work. I work all day long, fight the commute home and when I get here the house is a mess again,” say mothers (and sometimes fathers) everywhere.

“You’d think after working all day and putting up with all that I have to put up with I could come home and relax, but noooooooooooo!”

“I know I’m late for our lunch meeting,” Jason said to his boss. “But just as I was getting ready to leave the office this customer called and he just kept talking and talking and I thought you were going to be mad at me for being late again. But what could I do? I had to talk to him. So boss, don’t be angry at me for my tardiness. Let’s go find the customer and chew him out.”

Question: Sound like anyone you know?


In Lesson 19 we will look at the style more people use than the other three put together.

For more information go to johnleebooks.com or read The Anger Solution: The Proven Method for Attaining Calm and Developing Healthy, Long-Lasting Relationships, Facing the Fire: Experiencing and Expressing Anger Appropriately, The Missing Peace--all available on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment